Food Safety Experts to Present at PACK EXPO
LAS VEGAS, NV—September 18, 2013—Twenty-one leading experts will present 30-minute free presentations on the latest food safety topics including the Food Safety Modernization Act, Global Food Safety Initiative and a variety of other critical safety topics including HACCP requirements, microbiological testing, allergen diagnostics, food safety chain management and much more. The Food Safety Summit Resource Center at PACK EXPO will be located in the Upper Level of the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center in booth S-7332 and will help manufacturers and processors gain insight into how to respond to challenges and safety issues on the job.
"The Food Safety Summit Resource Center gives attendees a forum to discuss their specific food safety challenges, learn about the latest breakthroughs and gain insight into potential solutions," said Scott Wolters, Director, Food Safety Summit. "To ensure safety in this era of global supply chains and increased automation, manufacturers need stricter controls in product processing, packaging, transport and handling." The Resource Center is a result of a partnership between PMMI, producer of the PACK EXPO family of trade shows, and BNP Media, producer of the annual Food Safety Summit.
The Subject Matter Experts (SME) on hand will be available during the three day event to discuss important food safety issues including Food Packaging. Confirmed SME's include:
- Allan Andersen, president, InpsX and Joe Aleszczyk, Business Development, Rochling Engineering Plastics, will discuss Plastic Detection by X-ray Systems: Which Plastics Should Be Detected by X-ray and When.
- Niels Andersen, vice president, Manufacturing Business Consulting, Invensys, will discuss You Can Have Your Cake and Eat it Too.
- Rance Baker, program administrator, Entrepreneurial Zone, NEHA, will discuss Four Food Safety Credentials-Differences, Requirements, New Opportunities.
- Dawn Brennan, regional sales manager, Safety Chain Software, will discuss Food Packaging Emerging Technology Solutions: What is Food Safety Chain Management?
- Jeff Bartoletti, business leader, Manufacturing Food Safety, GE Intelligent Platforms, will discuss Ensuring Food Safety by Safeguarding Processes and Quality within Your Supply Chain.
- Bill Bremer, senior consultant/principal, Kestrel Management, will discuss Changing HACCP Requirements for Packaging and Meeting FSMA Risk Based Preventative Control Requirements.
- Tim Cser, senior microbiology specialist, EMD Millipore, will discuss How to Control and Monitor Your Air and Compressed Gases for Microbial Contamination.
- Erin Dreyling, PhD, director, Government and Scientific Affairs, Roka BioScience, will discuss Microbiological Testing.
- George Gasner, director, Business Development, IFS Certification, will discuss Certification for Food Packaging Materials.
- Ellen Girard, original equipment manufacturer, marketing analyst, LUBRIPLATE Lubricants Company, will discuss H-1/Food Grade Lubricants and Their Relevance with HACCP and Eco-Green Requirements.
- John Heller, senior territory manager, Neogen Corporation, will discuss Sanitation and Allergen Diagnostic Tools to Meet Industry Standards.
- Rod Henricks, product manager- Metal Detection, Bunting Magnetics, will discuss Applications of Metal Detection Equipment in Process and Package Inspection.
- Lance Lee, training specialist, Alchemy Systems, will discuss How to Think Like an Auditor when Preparing for a GFSI Audit.
- Katie Moore, global industry manager, Food and Beverage, GE Intelligent Platforms, will discuss Track and Trace: Improve Food Safety by Leveraging Raw Material Intelligence, as well as Ensuring Operators Consistently Comply to HACCP Requirements Using Digital Work Processes.
- Lance Reeves, director food defense, AIB, International, will discuss Allergens, as well as Crisis Planning/ Man-made events.
- Lauren Roady, marketing manager, Hygiena, will discuss Better Food Safety by Knowing Now: How Same Day Microorganism Results Will Save You Time and Money.
- Robert Rogers, senior advisor for food and safety regulations, Mettler-Toledo Product Inspection, will discuss Effective Contamination Detection for the Food Processing and Packaging Industry.
- Yasmin Siddiqi, global marketing director, DuPont Packaging, will discuss Factors Impacting Food Security- with Case Studies Demonstrating Relationship To Packaging.
- Chip Wood, director, Business Development, SCS Global Services, will discuss SQF: A Perfect Fit for Your GFSI Packaging Company Certification.
- Kathy Wybourn, director food safety solutions, DNV Business Assurance NA, will discuss Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), Current Standard Review and Updates.
About the Food Safety Summit
The Food Safety Summit, a solutions-based conference and expo designed to meet the educational and information needs of the food industry, will be held Tuesday, April 8 through Thursday, April 10, 2014, at the Baltimore Convention Center, MD.
Source: Food Safety Summit.