HP Announces Winners in Its Digital Printing Contest
PALO ALTO, Calif.—HP announced the winners of its third annual HP Indigo Digital Labels and Packaging Contest, which recognizes customers from around the world for their commitment to excellence and innovation in digital printing, a fast-growing segment of the label and packaging converting industry.
The contest witnessed significant growth in 2009 with more than 270 entries submitted—a 48 percent jump compared to last year. All submitted entries were produced on HP Indigo presses and were showcased in HP’s exhibit at the Labelexpo Europe trade show in Brussels last month.
Unlocking creativity in converting and product branding
“Product brand owners, designers, and label and packaging converters are growing in creative directions based on the outstanding quality and production flexibility HP Indigo offers,” said Alon Bar-Shany, vice president and general manager, Indigo division, HP. “The end result is that the industry is seeing more and more top-quality labels and packaging work produced with digital—especially the winning entries showcased in this year’s contest.”
Categories for the contest included label printing for wine, household, industrial, food, pharmaceutical, alcoholic beverage, and nutraceutical products. In addition, the contest recongnized the best shrink sleeve entry and the best entry produced as a self-promotion of a converter’s own capabilities.
Innovative Labeling Solutions, a U.S. firm based in Hamilton, Ohio, took home three best-of-category prizes, plus four additional honors. The complete list of HP Indigo Digital Labels and Packaging Printing Contest best-of-category winners:
• DB TECH, Korea (industrial labels, pharmaceutical labels)
• FORLABELS Ltd., Greece (food product labels)
• Gold Coast Graphics, USA (wine labels)
• Innovative Labeling Solutions, USA (household product labels, neutraceutical labels, self-promotional work)
• Kalfany Süße Werbung GmbH & Co. KG, Germany (flexible packaging)
• Setprint Centro Tecnológico Digital Ltda., Brazil (health and beauty labels)
• Supa Stik Labels & Labeling Systems Pty. Ltd., Australia (alcoholic beverage labels)
• Traco Manufacturing, USA (shrink sleeve packaging)