Industry Leaders to Speak at PPC’s Fall MeetingAugust 10, 2012
SPRINGFIELD, MA—August 10, 2012—In addition to a ceremony honoring the winners of the 2012 North American Paperboard Packaging Competition, attendees at the Fall Meeting and Leadership Conference, to beheld October 17-19, 2012 at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, will take in comprehensive presentations from authorities on public policy, the global economy, healthcare reform, sustainability and other topics.
Presentations will be given by:
- Jeff Rosensweig, economist and professor at Emory University, who will advise attendees on the most advantageous policy responses for addressing our precarious economy and describe the global trends that are poised to affect the paperboard packaging industry.
- Jean Pascal Bobst, CEO of Bobst Group, who will share his business acumen as the fourth-generation leader of the world’s top supplier of machinery and services.
- Cathy Foley, Vice President of AF&PA, who will deliver key legislative updates for the folding carton industry.
- Victor Bell, President of Environmental Packaging International, who will offer insight in global environmental packaging and product stewardship.
- PPC Associate Members, who will outline how to efficiently achieve zero waste.
- George Misko, Partner at Keller & Heckman LLP, who will examine how recent food safety regulations may impact the folding carton industry.
- Chris Davidson, Manager of Fiber Certification at International Paper, who will explain the importance and benefits of managed forests.
- Sandra Krasovec, Associate Professor of Brand Packaging Design at The Fashion Institute of Technology, who will offer a perspective on packaging from the world of academia.
- Taylor Scott, Director of Membership at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, who will present a brief history of Las Vegas
“We’re honored to host this lineup of thought leaders at our 2012 Fall Meeting,” said Ben Markens, President of PPC. “The topics have all been chosen carefully, with close attention paid to value and content. I’m confident all of our attendees will return to their organizations with useful and timely tools that will effectively enhance daily tasks and bottom lines.”
Registration for the meeting is now available at www.ppcnet.org/fall.
About Paperboard Packaging Council
Now in its 83rd year, PPC is the leading industry association serving suppliers and converters of all forms of paperboard packaging. PPC works to grow, promote, and protect the paperboard packaging industry while providing its members with resources and tools to compete effectively and successfully in the marketplace. For more information, call (413) 686-9191 or visit www.ppcnet.org.