NPES Elects New Board Chairman and Directors
RESTON, VA—November 13, 2013—NPES The Association for Suppliers of Printing, Publishing and Converting Technologies elected a new chairman, two new directors and re-elected several returning directors during its business meeting on November 12 at the organization's 2013 Annual Conference in Orlando, FL.
Michael Ring, president of Itasca, IL-based Xeikon America and vice president of Worldwide Marketing, Xeikon America was elected chairman at the business meeting during the annual conference. Xeikon is a manufacturer and distributor of digital color printing systems and related consumables. With more than 20 years of experience in general management, sales, marketing and international business, Ring previously held positions at Xerox, Kodak and Georgia Pacific.
Two new directors were also elected to the NPES Board for a two-year term expiring at the 2016 Annual Meeting:
- Greg Blue, CEO, manroland web systems Inc., and
- Todd Zimmerman, vice president, and general manager, FUJIFILM North America Corporation.
"The NPES Board focuses on the strategy and direction for the premier association representing graphic communications industry suppliers," explained Ralph Nappi, president of NPES. "The contribution of these new directors, as well as our returning directors, will ensure that NPES serves our industry in an innovative and responsive way for years to come."
Other directors re-elected to the board were:
- Mal Baboyian, executive vice president, production printing solutions/large format solutions, Canon Solutions America
- D.J. Burgess, president and CEO, Burgess Industries, Inc.
- Dennis Killion, director of marketing, graphics, xpedx
- Marc Olin, senior vice president and general manager APPS, efi
- Michael Ring, president—Xeikon America and vice president—Worldwide Marketing, Xeikon America
The aforementioned Baboyian was also newly elected from the NPES Executive Committee to serve as treasurer.
NPES is a U.S. trade association representing more than 400 companies that manufacture and distribute equipment, software and supplies used across the workflow of printing, publishing and converting process. NPES is a co-sponsor of the global PRINT exhibition and GRAPH EXPO—the largest and most comprehensive prepress, printing, converting and package printing, binding and finishing, mailing and fulfillment, and digital, offset, hybrid and flexo equipment trade show and conference in the Americas.