PACK EXPO Promises a Packed Floor
This year's PACK EXPO event is set for a record-breaking performance.August 2013 By Tom Polischuk
PACK EXPO Las Vegas just keeps getting bigger...and breaking records. Just two months before the show, the show owner and producer, PMMI, decided to expand the show floor once again. Says PMMI President and CEO Charles D. Yuska, "After expanding the show floor to accommodate supplier demand, we plan to add yet more exhibit space."
PACK EXPO Las Vegas runs from Sept. 23-25 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. With more than 1,600 processing and packaging solutions providers set to exhibit and occupy more than 700,000 square feet, the 2013 edition is the largest PACK EXPO Las Vegas since the event first opened in 1995.
"Our exhibitor numbers are already up 15 percent, and the floor itself has expanded by 12 percent compared to the 2011 Las Vegas show," says Yuska. In fact, PMMI has added a third Innovation Stage to expand PACK EXPO's on-floor educational programming, providing more insights for attendees that are looking to learn new ways to enhance sustainability, efficiency, automation, and food safety measures.
In addition to the increase in exhibitors, PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2013 is also on track to play host to its largest audience of attendees. Attendance is expected to well exceed 26,000 manufacturing professionals from the baking and snack, beverage, confectionery, pharmaceutical, and other industries—a 10 percent increase over 2011 numbers.
Something for everyone
PACK EXPO prides itself on being a customer-centric show, with a number of pavilions and lounges targeting different industry segments. "Pavilions help attendees focus their time at PACK EXPO, giving them a starting point for finding the technologies they came for," Yuska says. "The lounges add a networking aspect, and having industry leading associations serving at the 'ask the expert' desks, adds another layer of depth."
Some of the pavilions at this year's show include:
• The Brand Zone—A showcase of containers and materials, eye-catching designs, and innovative labeling applications that an lend distinction to product lines and brands.
• The Processing Zone—Explore solutions geared toward the food and beverage industry and then find more processing solutions throughout the show floor.
• Center for Trends and Technology—In this special exhibit, learn how technological innovations can improve production.
• The Food Safety Summit Resource Center—Get the latest information on Food Safety Modernization Act, discover cutting-edge solutions. and discuss your food safety challenges with leading experts in the field.
• The Confectionery Pavilion—This will link attendees with equipment and materials that maximize flexibility, enhance convenience, and protect product freshness.
• The Pharmaceutical Pavilion—Meet suppliers that are dedicated to answering the unique safety and security challenges faced by pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
• The Reusable Packaging Pavilion—Find new ways to go greener with sustainable, cost-effective assets that carry the added bonus of boosting bottom-line results.
One of PACK EXPO's highlights will be the opening reception to be held on Monday, Sept. 23 at 4:00. This events will feature celebrated singer and songwriter Kenny Loggins and all proceeds from the $25 tickets will support the K9s for Warriors Charity. This charitable organization provides service dogs to military troops and veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress as a result of conflicts and war following the 9/11 attacks. The program includes three weeks' training and bonding for dogs and veterans at the K9s for Warriors facility in Ponte Vedra, Fla. Over 90 percent of the dogs are obtained through rescue groups.
"K9s for Warriors is a great organization and a great cause," Yuska adds. "PMMI has had the privilege to have worked with the group in the past. We witnessed their dedication to their mission and the good it has done for both the rescued animals and the soldiers and veterans they help. By donating proceeds to K9s for Warriors, this event will give us a chance to give back to the brave men and women who have made unimaginable sacrifices for all of us." pP