Epson Showcases New SurePress L-4033AW Technology at Labelexpo AmericasSeptember 14, 2012
CHICAGO—September 11, 2012—Epson America's Epson SurePress® L-4033AW inkjet digital label press with White ink made its North American debut at Labelexpo Americas 2012. Shown first at drupa in May 2012, the SurePress L-4033AW is designed to make high-quality, short-run label printing easier and more efficient, and gives label printers and converters the ability to print on-demand with variable data printing.
The SurePress L-4033AW delivers new label printing features to North America, allowing small-to-medium size commercial printers and label converters to expand printing capabilities, making it a cost-effective and reliable solution. The L-4033AW features Epson SurePress AQ seven-color ink technology with White ink, offering exceptional print quality and accurate color reproduction on a wide variety of substrates without pre-coating or treatment.
The L-4033AW also offers Variable Data Printing for maximum label customization, providing customers with the flexibility to serialize labels and print on a variety of label substrates without stopping or slowing down the printing process. In addition, text, graphics and images can be customized for each individual label in the same run for increased versatility.
“There is a growing trend within the label printing industry for expanded printing capabilities on clear films and metallic substrates, as well as the ability to serialize labels, and the SurePress L-4033AW is designed to meet those customer needs,” said Michael Pruitt, SurePress product manager, Epson America. “The wider color gamut available with the L-4033AW ensures North American customers can deliver solid, opaque white printing, and with Variable Data Printing, customers can format, customize and store labels for maximum label customization.”
Additional Epson SurePress L-4033AW features include:
- High Quality Labels: Epson’s acclaimed MicroPiezo® ink jet technology with variable-size droplets as small as three picoliters provides ultra-precise drop formation and placement to deliver smooth gradations, remarkable color quality, and sharp detail for easy bar code readability, plus crisp small type and line work
- Industrial Quality Inks: Seven-color (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Orange, Green, and White), durable, water-based, resin-coated pigment inks provide superior adhesion and reproduce a wide range of colors
- Versatile Substrate Support: Prints on a range of standard, off-the-shelf materials including gloss, semi-gloss, matte, film, and clear and metallic substrates
- Variable Web Width: Supports rolls from 3.15˝ to 13˝ wide up to 0.013˝ (0.32 mm) thick
- Enhanced Productivity: Time-consuming, short-run jobs can be transferred to SurePress for more flexibility and timely results at speeds up to 16 feet per minute
- Less Waste: No chemicals or plates are required in the pre-press process and less substrate and ink is used in make-ready for short-run jobs
The Epson SurePress L-4033AW will be available in late September 2012. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/surepress or contact Mark Elsbernd, North America region sales manager, Epson America, at (562) 290-5244.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and 3LCD projectors to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 75,000 employees in 97 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates.