The Bi-Lingual Label Press
LONG BEACH,CA– March 3, 2014–Montreal-based packaging and converting company L’Emballage Tout has installed an Epson SurePress L-4033A for its label printing services. L’Emballage Tout purchased the inkjet digital label press for its high print quality and accuracy in producing short-run jobs for its Canadian and Northeast American customers in the retail, food and beauty industries.
“Among our growing customer base, we were finding more and more of them needing 500-5,000 run jobs. With only a flexographic printer in-house, it was taking too much time and money to create these short-runs,” said Yves Tougas, president of L’Emballage Tout. “We’d have to purchase printing plates and if there were changes in their artwork, we’d have to go out and buy new plates and continually make adjustments.” Tougas recalled times when the company would even have to turn away customers with short-run needs. “This pushed us to invest in a new digital label press,” he explained. After doing much research and looking at demos, they found the Epson SurePress to be the perfect match due to its wide color gamut, its ability to produce accurate repeat jobs and its ease-of-use. “Not to mention,” he continued, “it fit right within our budget.”
Designed for prime label converters and commercial printers, the Epson SurePress L-4033A, as well as the Epson SurePress L-4033AW with White ink, delivers innovative printing features that expand printing capabilities, making it a cost-effective and reliable solution. The Epson SurePress also offers short-runs for easier and more efficient label printing, as well as Variable Data Printing for maximum label customization.
“With the Epson SurePress, we are now able to work more efficiently,” Tougas commented. “When using the flexo, we were dealing with a four-hour process.” But with the SurePress, they can start printing five minutes after receiving the print files from their customers. “There’s no headache from purchasing printing plates,” he stated. “And, when it comes to matching colors from a previous run, we are sure the labels will print exactly the same—right from the first to the last. Our customers are very happy because of the quick turnaround and the impeccable image match. The labels are perfect.”
Additional Epson SurePress features include:
- High Quality Labels: Epson’s acclaimed MicroPiezo ink jet technology with variable-size droplets as small as three picoliters provides ultra-precise drop formation and placement to deliver smooth gradations, remarkable color quality, and sharp detail for easy bar code readability, plus crisp small type and line work
- Industrial Quality Inks: Six-color (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Orange, and Green), durable, water-based, resin-coated pigment inks provide superior adhesion and reproduce a wide range of colors; SurePress L-4033AW adds White ink
- Versatile Substrate Support: Prints on a range of standard, off-the-shelf materials including gloss, semi-gloss, matte, film, and clear, and metallic substrates
- Variable Web Width: Supports rolls from 3.15 to 13-inches wide up to 0.013-inches (0.32 mm) thick
- Enhanced Productivity: Time-consuming, short-run jobs can be transferred to SurePress for more flexibility and timely results at speeds up to 16 feet/min.
- Less Waste: No chemicals or plates are required in the pre-press process and less substrate and ink is used in make-ready for short-run jobs
“With the high print quality and precise color gamut of the SurePress L-4033A, label printing and converting printers are able to quickly produce exact prints, making for a more cost effective job,” said Mark Elsbernd, North America region sales manager at Epson America. “We are happy to be entering the Canadian market with this purchase by L’Emballage Tout, allowing them to also expand their reliable offerings to the many diverse label markets.”
In addition to the SurePress L-4033A and L-4033AW, Epson also recently expanded its digital label press product line with the introduction of the Epson SurePress L-6034VW and L-6034V – Epson’s first single-pass industrial presses, the first to use Epson’s new PrecisionCore linehead technology, and the first to use Epson’s new LED-cured UV ink with in-line digital varnish technology. Both will be shipping in summer 2014. The Epson SurePress L-4033A and L-4033AW are currently available. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/surepress or contact Mark Elsbernd, North America region sales manager, Epson America, at 562-290-5244.