Xeikon Café to Highlight Digital Production Strategies
Xeikon Café Packaging Innovations 2017 (www.xeikoncafe.com), set for March 28-31 in Antwerp, Belgium, will bring the industry together to showcase end-to-end digital production solutions and share practical business and technical information during an elevated conference program. An increased number of nearly 30 digital applications in labels and packaging will be demonstrated, as close to 40 industry suppliers join forces to show total solutions. The highly educational and inspirational Xeikon Café 2017 will help visitors determine the right strategy for their business in digital production.
“All partners of the Xeikon Café are leading suppliers of software, print media, consumables, digital printing and finishing solutions, and they are highly knowledgeable of the market and capabilities,” Filip Weymans, Xeikon’s VP of marketing, said. “This makes the event an ideal opportunity for printers and converters to witness first-hand the powerful result of partners joining forces.
“And that is exactly what makes the Xeikon Café a unique industry gathering: visitors get the chance to see numerous end-to-end, integrated digital production solutions, all in one place — fully from concept to product,” Weymans continued. “In addition, valuable information on the latest innovations in digital production, trends in brand management and technical novelties will be shared by industry experts, brand owners and printers during the conference. Visitors will have the opportunity to learn, be inspired and gain a better understanding as to which tools and equipment can optimize their digital packaging and label production environment.”
A Wealth of New Opportunities
The roughly 30 applications manufactured and produced live at the Xeikon Café 2017 include an increased variety of labels, cartons, pouches and corrugated. Visitors will see innovative technology that demonstrates how digital production can be beneficial, also in new and emerging market segments:
- Automotive: There is no industry more driven by Just-In-Time (JIT) delivery then the automotive industry. Digital printing with integrated MIS systems and finishing will not only optimize the automotive supply chain, it will also strengthen the dealer/customer relationship by personalizing packaging. (Presented application: folding carton packaging)
- Beverage & Wine and Spirits: With a huge variety of labeling and packaging possibilities in this segment, digital printing solutions offer diversity as well as flexibility, and provides product labeling and packaging that fits practical and marketing needs such as shorter runs, full color graphics and more. Standing out in creativity and quality is vital in this market. A perfect example is the wine & spirit market with its use of numerous embellishments (foiling, spot varnishing, embossing,…) and challenging materials to print the natural, structured facestock paper. (Presented applications: wet-glue labeling, wraparound labels, clear on clear, self-adhesive labels and hot beverage paper cups, and specifically for the wine & spirit market, also folding carton and corrugated carton).
- Food: Complying to food-safety regulations, providing protection during transportation and storing, and attracting buyers with an engaging design are all important elements of food labels and packaging, in addition to meeting industry-specific standards such as durability, security and lightfastness (when required). At the Xeikon Café, visitors can discover a digital production solution that has no mineral oils, no UV components and is food safe, making it a viable solution for the food industry with unlimited possibilities in small run lengths and dedicated personalization for localized shops. (Presented applications: in-mould labeling, heat transfer labeling (therimage), self-adhesive labeling, folding carton, flexible packaging and pouches)
- Health & Beauty: Labels for beauty and cosmetic brands need to stand out on shelves in creativity and quality. Special materials like transparent facestock, which provide a no-label look on plastic containers and metalized folding carton boards are commonly used in this market, and require a printing solution capable of delivering the highest quality. (Presented applications: self-adhesive labels, promotional heat transfer label, folding carton)
- Media: The revival of vinyl records were one of the first drivers of digital printing in producing sleeves. At the Xeikon Café, a 360° concept regarding promotional items that touch on the music industry will be shown. (Presented application: folding carton)
- Pharma: With the significant potential of opportunities in digital printing available in the pharmaceutical market, the Xeikon Café will present a full concept for this market, including folding carton, leaflets, labels and counter displays, with features such as track & trace and anti-counterfeit capability. (Presented applications: self-adhesive labels, leaflets and folding carton)
- Promotional: Digital heat transfer decoration can provide new opportunities in promotional items and is of interest to self-adhesive label printers looking to diversify, or injection molders looking to bring product decoration in-house. (Presented application: heat transfer labeling)
“At the Xeikon Café 2017, we are showing realistic ideas that inspire,” Weymans said. “Equipment that is in daily use at converters will be running commercially viable jobs and applications. It is the ideal chance to hear directly from industry suppliers and experts about the latest digital production solutions and learn about the range of digital applications out there. The four-day event will help printers and converters make the right choice for their business in digital printing and in turn, grow the number of solutions they can offer.”