RockTenn and MeadWestvaco Combine as $16 Billion Packaging Company
DRG Technologies Adds a Second Performance Series Press
Why You Should Go to ICE USA 2015By Noel Ward
Dee Paper Box Adds New KBA Wide-Format
FTA Annual Forum to Spotlight New Trends in Packaging Design
- “Packaging Trends,” Colleen Twomey, California Polytechnic State University
- “How Technology and Consumer Trends Affect Packaging’s Future,” Suzy Badaracco, Culinary Tides, Inc.
- “Brand Protection Solutions,” Lori Campbell, The Label Printers
Delta Industrial is Now Delta ModTech
First Xeikon Cheetah Installed at Mercian Labels
Amcor Joins Recycling Investment Efforts in South Carolina
- Recycling Access – ensuring municipal households are served by large roll carts.
- Champion Building – bolstering support from local and state-elected officials.
- Regional Coordination – creating strategies across the entire recycling value chain to ensure best management practices for municipal recycling.
- Education and Outreach – Increasing recycling participation and reducing contamination in the recycling stream.
Heidelberg Shows Off New Diecutter and Gluer
HEIDELBERG, GERMANY—January 21, 2015—More than 200 visitors from Africa, Europe, South America, China, India, Korea, Russia, and the Middle East attended the Packaging Days hosted by Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG (Heidelberg) to discover new solutions for packaging printing. Heidelberg presented its new Promatrix 106 CS die cutter and the new Diana Smart 55 and Diana Smart 80 folding carton gluing machines. These machines are aimed at companies that manufacture folding cartons and at all-rounders that need optimum quality and reliability for short to medium-sized runs. Using the example of an end-to-end job for a fictitious outdoors store, Heidelberg staged a live demonstration to show visitors the production process for invitation cards, stand-up displays, posters, folding cartons, and CD jackets.
The Promatrix 106 CS diecutter is meant for short to medium production volumes and performs die cutting and embossing at a speed of 8,000 sheets per hour. The machine offers a wide range of standard features, extremely user-friendly operation, and an attractive price-performance ratio.
In the Diana Smart 55 and Diana Smart 80 folding carton gluing machines, Heidelberg has developed a new platform for medium volumes in the production of straightline and lockbottom cartons. The products require less space and feature a modular design that means they can be adapted to suit specific customer requirements.
Flint Group Packaging and Narrow Web Proud Members of the UV LED Curing Community
- Provide a forum for UV LED curing conversations
- Foster communication between suppliers and consumers of UV LED solutions