packagePRINTING's 10 Most Read Articles of 2018
This year, we covered a wide range of topics, from advances in smart packaging to opportunities in flexible packaging; from targeting the youngest generations of consumers to the nuances of Delta E. Here are the top 10 most read articles in 2018, based on page views by you, our readers.
- Smart Packaging Has Arrived — Are You Ready? - As image recognition, near field communication and other technology continues to catch on with brands, printers and converters should be prepared to offer these technologies.
- The Top Packaging Business Challenges (And How to Beat Them) - In April, packagePRINTING released a research study based on a survey of its audience to gain a better understanding of the challenges facing package printers and converters throughout the packaging industry.
- The Impact of Digital Packaging Innovation - Digital printing has made significant inroads into all segments of packaging and is changing the game for the entire supply chain, including printers, brands and converters.
- 2018 State of the Industry Report: Opportunities Abound in Flexible Packaging - This report, released in June, details why flexible packaging has become one of the hottest markets in packaging and the future direction for this packaging sector.
- Delta What? – An Introduction to Delta E - For those curious about Delta E, this blog addresses the basics and answers the question: What exactly is Delta E, and how can printers better understand this essential measurement?
- The Walking Dead Comes to Life on Augmented Reality Wine Labels - This video highlights the capabilities of augmented reality using image recognition. Two bottles of The Walking Dead wine feature individual responses when scanned with the Living Wine Labels app. When placed next to each other, the bottles interact in a unique way.
- Targeting Millennials & Gen Z with Packaging - These generations have different characteristics than those that came before them, and with that, varying packaging and product preferences. We took a look at who these groups are and what they're looking for in packaging.
- Paper Packaging Material Thrives in Luxury and Premium Markets - Paper and paperboard may be long-established packaging materials, but brands in luxury and premium markets still rely on its appeal to discerning consumers.
- Commentary: Peter Schaefer on Cenveo Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Filing - When Cenveo filed for bankruptcy, it was big news. packagePRINTING's sister brand Printing Impressions sat down with industry analyst Peter Schaefer about how the filing would impact the company, its suppliers and future contracts.
- Five Packaging Trends to Follow in 2018 - Taking it back to the beginning of 2018, we spoke with David Luttenberger, the global packaging director for Mintel, about the five packaging trends to watch out for in 2018. Now that we're at the end of the year, how do you think the list holds up?